Benefits of Membership
Three Memberships In One: Joining the Central Oregon Builders Association (COBA) includes state representation through the Oregon Home Builders Association (OHBA) and a subscription to the Connection Depot plan center.
Your membership also includes:
- Listing on COBA Website, www.coba.org for free. Premier Logo Listing available, please inquire
- Featured listing on www.connectiondepot.com
- Complete access to Connection Depot's state of the art bid management software
- Discounted printing rates at our full service print shop
- Weekly permit and bid opportunity reports delivered by email
- Listing in the COBA "Preferred Contractors Buyer's Guide" (35,000 distributed annually in January)
- Listing in the Directory by company name, contract name and product or service
- Subscription to the COBA newsletter, Building Central Oregon
- Political Advocacy: COBA and OHBA provide a combined front on the local and state levels to address political and regulatory issues affecting our industry. (Priceless ongoing value)
- Quality Networking Opportunities: Monthly General Membership Meetings (GMM’s), committee involvement, Annual COBA Golf Classic, Casino Night, Winter Party and other special events & functions.
- Marketing, Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities: Through the Tour of Homes™, the Tour of Remodeled Homes™, the Spring Home & Garden Show™, the Fall Home Show™ and Tradeshow Night. Advertising in the COBA newsletter, Building Central Oregon, and on the COBA website www.coba.org. Sponsorship of Tour of Homes™, General Membership Meetings, Annual COBA Golf Classic and all other events and classes.
- OREGON CONTRACTOR CONTINUING EDUCATION WITH BEST MEMBER PRICING DISCOUNTS: The only regularly scheduled LIVE classes in Central Oregon for Mandatory Oregon contractor continuing education license renewal, are from COBA
- COBA Remodelers: COBA Members can join the COBA Remodelers for $25 annually. Enjoy special meetings, seminars and functions targeted for remodeling contractors and associates. Tour of Remodeled Homes™ participation.
- Building Green Council(TM) of Central Oregon: The BGCCO exists to help market and promote businesses with a commitment to providing sustainable, responsible building practices, products and services. Discounted membership dues range from $100 to $900 annually for COBA members.
- INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM: Group Health Insurance is available for members who qualify (builders, subcontractors, suppliers, CCB licensees) through the OHBA Health Insurance Program with HealthNet. Contact the COBA office for more information, and a list of approved agents - 541-389-1058.
- WORKER'S COMP GROUP PLAN THOUGH SAIF CORPORATION: Members meeting eligibility criteria can receive a 10% discount as well as industry specific safety and return to work services. Phone SAIF at 800-598-5880 or your insurance agent and ask about the HBA Group Program http://www.saif.com/employer/learn_about_coverage/obtainingcoverage_164.aspx.
- Swipenow: Guaranteed lowest rates on your credit card processing needs. Contact Deanna Marcum at 541-749-4682.
- Bend Oil/Supervised Fuels: Considerable savings on fueling costs at Bend Oil's stations with COBA Membership - even if you have only one vehicle! Great online account management resources that help lower your bottom line. Contact Kathy for more information - 541-330-8356 or Kathy@supervisedfuels.com.
- AT&T: All COBA members can sign up with AT&T to receive discounts on your cell services.
- Verizon: Builders, Trade Subcontractors and Wholesale Suppliers can save up to 22% on their cell phone services.
- Sed de Saber Learning Program: Help builders address the language barrier and improve safety, quality and communication on the job site. The fully-interactive, learn-at-your-own-pace format gives worker the opportunity to learn general and residential construction-specific English in about 16 weeks. Available to check-out free for COBA members. Call the COBA office for more information at 541-389-1058.
- Oregon Home Builders Association (OHBA) – www.oregonhba.com - 75 Taylor Street, NE – Salem, Oregon 97303 – 503-378-9066
- Representation for our industry in Oregon Legislative and Political Process
- Representation in Congress
- Representation in Oregon and Federal Regulatory Agencies
- Political Involvement and Networking
- Building Codes Updates and Continued Education Requirement Updates
- Member Resource Library
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Asset Protection Plan: Phone: 800-488-8844 for info.
- Home Builder Purchasing Program: savings with ADP Payroll Services, Airgas, Global Crossing Conference Calling, Staples and Verizon. Contact COBA for more information.
- General Contractors-OHBA Member Rebate Program: If you use some of the 37 qualifying products like BLANCO, Bryant, DELTA, JACUZZI, THERMA TRU DOORS, VACUFLO just to name a few you can sign up to get rebates on each product in every new house you sell. Call us at 541-389-1058 for access or details.
Contact Andy at 541-389-1058 or email@example.com for more information