Building Green Council ™ of Central Oregon ~ Join Today!
Mission : To make green building the norm for residential and commercial construction in Central Oregon.
Green Building is "innovative building and site design techniques that improve the quality and performance of buildings while simultaneously reducing stress on the environment."
Green Building is a whole systems approach to design, construction, and operation of buildings with three converging fundamental objectives:increase energy efficiency, improve indoor air quality and conserve natural resources.
The Building Green Council of Central Oregon™ and this site are intended to provide comprehensive information and contact with Central Oregon green building resources to give builders and homeowners the methods and materials to design and build this different, greener way. Information includes:
- An online Green Building Resource Directory listing green building materials and services
- Green Home Building Services
- Why to Building Green
- How-To Build Green
- Marketing Strategies for Professionals
- New Technologies & Research
- Building Green Links & Publications
- On-going Research
- Building Green Membership & Benefits
- Central Oregon Projects
Acknowledging our Founders
Building Green Council of Central Oregon™ wishes to acknowledge the following Founding Members. Without their participation, this program would not have been made possible. For more information on their services and products, please visit our On-line Resource Directory.
5 Star Founders:
- Alternative Construction Concepts
- Oregon Building Products
- Earth Advantage
- Lawrence Schechter Architect
- NorthWest Crossing
- Parr Lumber in cooperation with Trus Joist a Weyerhauser business
- SolAire Homebuilders
- EnergyTrust of Oregon
1 Star Founders:
- Hooker Creek Companies
- Midstate Electric
- Mike Knighton Construction
- Neal Huston, Architect Inc.
- Palmer Homes
- Sun Forest Construction